Our mission is to find and keep growing the best fruit and nut varieties that will thrive on the coldest hillsides in Vermont, using the simplest sustainable methods. To be an educational resource for our customer’s continued success, and to be a nurturing place for the plants, the crew, our customers, and the natural world.
A few things we are doing right at our family-run farm & nursery
1. Paying fair wages to our knowledgeable crew (most who have been here for multiple years)
2. Donating plants and time to local schools and organizations
3. Being an educational resource for the community.
4. Recycling plastic pots by starting with higher quality ones and using them again and again
5. Using rechargeable electric carts to transport plants
6. Being a certified organic farm since 1988
7. Testing nearly every plant on our hillside before we sell it
8. Studying and learning each year so we can share our best
discoveries with you
9. Taking the time our customers need for explaining our
successful planting methods and answering questions.
10. Planting seeds of our most promising plums, apricots, nuts and peaches to develop even better and hardier ones.
Certified Organic since 1988
Everything we grow here ourselves is certified organic. In order to keep up with our customer’s needs, each year we buy some plants from other northern climate nurseries that are not certified organic. As soon as the plants arrive here, they are managed 100% by certified organic standards on our farm. There is a “year” printed on our labels which indicates when these plants are certified organic.
North American Fruit Explorers
Vermont Vegetable and Berry Growers Association
Vermont Nursery and Landscape Association
Vermont Hardy Plant Club
We are a family owned and run farm with devoted crew and we all are dedicated to organic farming practices and have been for over forty years.
You are invited back to taste the harvest. Your purchases and kind words help to support six families, our organic farm, hardy plant research in Northern Vermont and help build our local community.